Friday night I was invited to a neighbors house warming/holiday party. I was really excited to get to know our new neighbors better and maybe meet more people on our street, but I was also a little nervous becaue I would have to go by myself as JJ was in New England for the game. No one likes to go to parties alone, but I planned on just staying for an hour or so to make an appearance and be polite. That didn't happen.Luckily, our new neighbors are our age and ironically went to Arizona State so we had plenty to talk about. They also invited a lot of their coworkers (also around our age) so it wasn't as awkward as I had previously thought.
During a conversation with a guy (who may or may not play for the other team, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it might explain what happened next) the topic of how I ended up in Charlotte came up. I don't normally tell people about JJ's job unless asked directly what he does for a living. I don't want to lie or be awkward or anything so I feel like I have to share at that point. As soon as I tell him, he squeals so loudly that the entire party stops chatting and looks at him. He then takes that opportunity to make a group announcement about what my husband does for a living. So I have 50 people staring at me waiting to see what happens next. At this point I am bright red and starting to sweat because of all the people staring at me. No one wants to be the center of attention in a room full of strangers. Luckily another girl (who is probably quite comfortable being the center of attention in all situations) uses the silence as her chance to announce that she will be doing shots with whoever would like to join, so the focus shifted back off me, Good job drunk girl!
Other than that, the party was fun. Even though I intended to only stay or an hour I ended up staying till midnight talking with our across the street neighbors and their realtor. They gave me tons of information and recommendations on what to do in the area. I am most excited about going to The Dog Bar. Its a combination dog park and bar. Barney will love it and we can meet all the other crazy dog people in the area.
No comments:
Post a Comment