I got my hair highlighted yesterday with a new guy that I really like. He went a little bit blonder than I would have wanted, but I still like it and afterall it is summer so I think I can get away with it.Aparently, it is too much blonde for me to handle based on what I did this morning.
Tomorrow is our one year anniversary and I was trying to do something nice for my dear husband. I wanted to make him pancakes to surprise him when he got home from his workout. So I got the pancake mix (which is in a plastic bag) out and set in on the stove top. I grabbed the tea pot and filled it with water, set it on a burner, turned it up to high, and headed upstairs to grab some laundry. When I got back downstairs I saw smoke coming from the stove top.
It seems I had turned on the wrong burner and had heated up the bag of pancake mix instead of the tea pot. So I turn off the burner and try to grab the bag of pancake mix. Too bad all of the plastic on the bottom of the bag had already melted off and I was left with a mountain of dry pancake mix on a hot burner.
Keep in mind, the entire thing is still smoking and I am just waiting for the smoke alarms to go off. I had to find some kitchen tools to scrape the burning mound off of the hot stove and into the garbage without melting the garbage bag. So I dug through all of our cabinets and drawers to find something and finally managed to scrape most of it into a glass bowl. I had to let the burner cool down completely before I began the joyous process of scraping melted plastic off.
So much for a sweet surprise. At least everything was (for the most part) back to normal by the time JJ got home so I was able to save face a little.
I swear, I am usually pretty good in the kitchen. I blame it on the highligts.
I am so proud that your blonde mother can take just a bit of responsibility for genetically blonde moments passed on to her daughters. Although I have NEVER nearly set the house on fire. But can I assume JJ is blonde too considering he almost asphixiated you girls with the gas burner with no flame???
ReplyDelete