If Oprah gets to do it, so can I! Although, I regret to inform you, dear reader, I will not be handing these out like she does. I just thought I would share a few of my favorite things to help anyone who was struggling to come up with gift ideas or just to entertain anyone who was bored at work :)
philosophy- They have so many great products, I love them all. But to be more specific, my favorites are: Hope in a Jar face lotion (One of Oprah's favorites too), Purity face wash, and Bubbly, a champagne scented body wash.
Under Armor Cold Gear Fitted Pants- Perfect for yoga or running outside when its chilly! Aaaand they're also good for lounging around the house or running errands.
The Game of Things- Hilarious party game where you get to guess people's responses to questions like..."Things you do when no one is looking", "Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws", or "Things you would title a children's book". Regardless of whether everyone in the group knows each other really well or just met, you will have a blast hearing the answers that people come up with.
Mossimo Pocket T-Shirts from Target- Super comfy, casual and flattering. Lots of different colors and they are nice and long for those of us with longer upper bodies.
Daisy by Marc Jacobs- I'm not normally a perfume fan, but this is light enough so it doesn't suffocate everyone in the room with you.
Toms shoes- Yes, its a little bit hippie, but these shoes are so comfy to walk around in. Its my cooler weather alternative to Rainbows flip flops...they go with everything and your feet won't hurt when you wear them. And as a bonus, when you buy a pair they donate a pair to kids in need. How cool is that?
Landsend Tote Bags- Pick your color, customize it with you name or initials and use it all the time. They are cheap enough to justify having multiples...I have one for my yoga stuff, one with a zipper that I use as a carry-on bag, and one that I use for class.
Personalized Stationery at MJPaperie.com- I love hand written notes and I love being able to choose the colors and designs for my note cards. This is my favorite new online paper store, they have a great selection and the girls who own it are just about the sweetest people in the world!
Hunter Rain Boots with Cable Cuff Welly Socks- My first pair of rain boots! Never really needed them before living in NC. I love all the color options and the cute socks you can mix and match with the boots. And if you (like me) struggle to get your calves in normal boots, try the "Huntress" boots, they have a little extra room in the leg so you don't cut off your circulation.
Chanel Mascara and Foundation- Ever since I had my make up done for our wedding, I have been hooked. Yes its a bit expensive, but you don't have to buy all of their products just the good basic items. They are worth the investment!
Tory Burch "Reva" Ballet Flats- Cute, comfy and dressy all in one. I get complements every time I wear them. Expensive yes, but they last for years and really dress up a pair of jeans without having to wear heels, something I try to avoid at all costs.
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Pillow Spray- The Lavender Vanilla scent is wonderful to help you relax and fall asleep. I have been using it ever since college.
Long Sleeve Faux Wrap Tee from VS- Perfect with a cami underneath, unless you are trying to show off your goods...its up to you really. Flattering and comfy, lots of color choices and pretty cheap.
Books by Jen Lancaster- Laugh out loud funny accounts of her own life. She doesn't hold back.
Books by Celia Rivenbark- Hilariously entertaining accounts of living in and loving the South. Must read if you are a transplant, like myself.
Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Slow Cooker at Target- I never knew the awesomeness of the slow cooker until this year, but now we use it at least once a week. This one is great to take with you for potlucks or bringing meals to friends. The lid latches securely so it won't spill in the car!
Bliss Wines- Yes, they finally dedicated a winery to my family. Its about time! Reasonably priced, my favorites are the Cab and the Chardonnay.
Skidless Yoga Towel- Keeps you from sliding all over your mat during a massive sweat session also known as, hot yoga. Mine is purple!
Martha Stewart's Everyday Food: Great Food Fast Cookbook- The recipes are organized by season, so its easy to cook using ingredients that are in season and make meals that fit the weather. Some of the recipes are a little out there, but its good to try new things, right?
Asics Gel Cumulus Running Shoes- So comfy, love them for distance running or just in the gym. Really I love all of their Gel shoes, but these are the best in my humble opinion.
Twining's Tea- My favorites are Irish Breakfast, Lady Grey, and Pure White
Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm- Not a fan of their minty stuff, but I love the pomegranate!
OK that was ridiculously fun to do! If anyone else has a list of their favorites, please share! I might have to do this again some time...
Now that was a great list. You expanded my horizons to items I have NEVER heard of...now I can at least pretend to be IN THE KNOW!
ReplyDelete