Monday, April 4, 2011

Super Bowl Weekend

Yes. The Super Bowl was like FOREVER ago. But the off-season has gotten the best of me and I have been too busy having fun and failed miserably at documenting it all.

Its not like I ever need an excuse to go back to Fort Worth, but what a perfect opportunity to head back to the Lone Star state and see our friends. We were lucky enough to stay with Katie, Brian and Ringo in downtown Fort Worth, within walking distance of all the festivities. Too bad Jerry Jones ticked off the weatherman and Snopocalypse 2011 dumped all over the state, shutting everything down for the entire week leading up to the game. Luckily the TCU bookstore was open and I was able to purchase enough merchandise to keep myself clothed in purple indefinitely.
We still managed to have lots of fun, despite the arctic temperatures and ice (no wonder Green Bay won, they felt right at home). The night before the game we went to a party in honor of one of our best friends who still plays for the Pack. We finally got to meet their baby boy who was almost 6 months by then. Sooooo precious!!! I was tempted to steal him and take him home, but JJ reminded me they knew where we lived and I would most likely get caught and potentially ruin the friendship. In the end I decided against it.

The next day we hosted a Super Bowl party at Bobby's parent's house, even though they had made other plans to watch at a friend's house. Yes, they are THAT nice. We bought enough Fuzzy's and Potbelly's food to feed about 40 people. Good thing all 8 of us brought our game faces.

Throughout the weekend, we also got to spend time with Maggie, Mackenzie, Geoff, Emily and Jacob. We are so blessed to have so many good friends in DFW...makes me want to move back someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment