Before I headed out to the game, I took Barney for a walk to the dog park. I wanted to make sure he got plenty of exercise because he was going to be inside most of the day while we were at the stadium. There were about 20 other dogs and owners when we got there. Barney is a bit of a baby sometimes when it comes to new situations so it took him a while to make new friends. He kind of looked like the new kid on the first day of school.
I am minding my own business, petting the dogs that come up to me and watching Barney play. This woman wanders over and asks where I got my sunglasses. I honestly didn't know where they are from because I stole them from my mom when we moved. So I told her they were from Target, which is where I buy everything else I own. The rest of the conversation goes something like this:
Crazy lady: "Those are my glasses!"
Me: "Umm...what?"
Crazy lady: "Did you find those glasses on the trail? I lost mine last week. Those are mine. I have to wear polarized sunglasses or else I squint." (as she squints her eyes at me)
Me: "No, sorry. These are mine."
Crazy lady: "Yes they are, let me see them!" (As she comes next to me to get a closer look)
Me: "No, I got these in Phoenix and I wouldn't wear something I found on the trail."
Crazy lady: (after close scrutiny) "Oh now I know they are yours because mine were missing a crystal on the side."
Me: "Umm...yea. I need to go get my dog now. Its time to leave."
Just when I thought I was done dealing with weirdos, I came across a man on the nature trail. The nature trail looks just like it sounds. It is a path through the woods, with thousands of trees all around. You would think that, if you happened to need to use the bathroom while on the trail, there would be plenty of options in the woods that offer privacy and convenience. But, no. As I turn a corner I notice a man with his back to me and a small dog at his feet. With all the trees available, this man has chosen to pee on the trail marker sign right next to the path. Awesome. Either he finished or heard us coming, but he zipped up and turned around right as we were trying to scoot past him. Of course Barney decides he needs to say hi to the little dog and tries to pull me in the direction. As I'm struggling with the leash, this man tries to strike up a conversation with me about how big Barney is. Seriously buddy?! Who would want to talk to you after you got done peeing on the trail?! Gross. I quickly moved past them and headed home.
Who would have thought that such a beautiful Sunday morning would bring out the crazies? I guess all the normal people were in church...
No comments:
Post a Comment