Sunday night after leaving a post game party at a new friends' house, we had an interesting conversation. We were talking about how you know when you cross the line of being acquaintances to being friends. JJ and I have different ways to measure the levels of friendship.
JJ bases his level of friendship on whether or not you are comfortable helping yourself to their refrigerator. Check! It all comes down to food and beer.
Apparently, I judge the friendship by whether or not I am comfortable enough to nap on your couch after an evening of celebrating. Check! Keep in mind I said nap, not pass out. That is a whole different ball game.
I know these are reliable measuring sticks because they have been proven in the past, most recently Green Bay. We knew we were friends with the Crosbys after the first episode of a group nap took place. We all fell asleep on the couches after a prime time tv marathon one night. The best part was, we were all comfortable enough to continue this tradition on several different occasions. And, I think JJ was helping himself to their fridge after the second or third time he visited.
So here's to new friends in Charlotte, yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment