To balance out the estrogen overflow from the previous weekend, we invited some of JJ's college teammates and his dad out for the game this weekend.
Entertaining boys is waaaaaay different than entertaining girls. With my girlfriends in town, I took a lot of time trying to figure out cute restaurants to try and trendy bars to enjoy. I bought a few new conversation starter games (the Girls Night Out Box of Questions, obviously), sparkling wine, several different kinds of snacks, etc. You know, to set the right mood for lots of laughs and good conversations.
With the boys, I opened up a bag of tortilla chips and a package of guacamole, turned the TV on to ESPN, and sat back.......and did my best to ignore the additional scratching and burping.
Maybe I am over-simplifying things a little, but not really. Guys don't really need much as long as there is a football game on. (I lost count of how many college/NFL games we ended up watching)
Between games, we did go out to eat at Big Daddy's, 131 Main, Phat Burrito, and Mac's Speedshop. I had forgotten how good the BBQ is at Mac's, I will definitely be taking my dad there when my family comes out to visit in October.
It was fun to see these guys again and I really enjoyed their company at the game. Good company makes sitting through a loss in the wind and rain much more bearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment