Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Month of October...

...in pictures

The whole month was kind of a blur and I'm sad I didn't have time to a better job documenting. We had people in and out of town, a bye week, concerts and comedy shows...and a Panthers win! Woo hoo!

My sister was in town for the bye weekend and so was Chelsea Handler! JJ and I watch Chelsea Lately most nights while going to bed, so we were pretty excited to see her live. Heather McDonald opened for her, and she was hilarious. I think I might add her book to my list of things to read. Great seats thanks to a good friend and his many connections!

Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang

Mid October my whole family was out to visit and see a game. We got to celebrate my dad's birthday, carve pumpkins, take Barney for long walks and just enjoy each other's company. I hadn't seen my parents since May (but my sister is out here all the time so I get my share of family time, haha). I was quite impressed with my dad's freehanded Panther pumpkin. All the trick or treaters commented on it!

Our beautiful Jack-o-lantern creations
Carrie Underwood was in town (with Billy Currington and Sons of Silvia) on the 30th. The guys were out of town for an away game, so a few wives on the team (and a few daughters) made it a Girls Night Out downtown. We had AMAZING seats (again, thanks to a well connected friend) and the concert was incredible. If you ever have the chance to see her perform, take it!

Carrie at her Play On tour
Halloween was fun! We celebrated in two parts. Our good friends had their annual party on Friday night at the Breakfast Club, an 80's themed club downtown. This was the first year that I hadn't made my own costume, but I still thought we were pretty creative (it was no Dwight and Angela, but still good). Then on the 31st I was home for the first half of the night passing out candy to all the precious little trick-or-treaters. When JJ got home we joined our neighbors on their hayride around the neighborhood. It was so much fun. We rode around and stopped every few blocks to let the kids out to go door to door and the adults stayed on the trailer and talked. My kind of party.
Is it obvious how much we like beer?

Well I think that covers all of the major highlights from October. Hopefully I will be better in November about staying up to date...wouldn't want to disappoint the fam.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to finally see a new posting... it's been a long dry spell.. I sure hope you keep your word and keep us more informed this month!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete